יום שישי, 25 במרץ 2011

My song, as written by others

Yesterday I recalled this poem I composed on October 2010 and was then presented before only a chosen few.

My song, as written by others

He came back to tell me he's gone,
As if I didn't know that
As if I didn't know my own bed,
As if I hadn't noticed,
He stopped holding back when I held his hand.

I say losing love
Is like a window in your heart,
Everybody sees you're blown apart,
Everybody feels the wind blows.

"There is no shame in healing"
Con says to Rae
And now I say to me.

I thought I was the only one
Having my arms wrapped around me 
Like they were trying to keep me from falling apart
But turns out Bella does the same.

As I curl and rock myself,  
As I cradle, comfort, calm,
As I ease myself past this point and then the next    

I find myself wishing  
I was held like a baby
That will not fall asleep
And have someone to curl me up inside him
And let me hear him through the heat.



Credit and thank you to:
Paul Simon - Graceland
Robin McKinley - Sunshine
Stephenie Meyer – Twilight series
Suzanne Vega - Gypsy 

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

תודה על השיתוף (הבלוג מאפשר תגובות מזוהות בלבד).
Thank you for sharing (The blog does not allow commenting anonymously)